A team of 11 members representing the parents within the Lycée Français de Singapour.
Composition of the Parents Committee
|Reserve members for Primary School||Clothilde Voisin|
|Middle School||Cristèle Fenech|
|High School||Marilisa Busatta|
|Reserve member for Middle and High School||Sophie Merlin|
A single email address to contact them: email@example.com
The role of the Parents Committee
- Representing the parents in the Lycée Français de Singapour.
- Collecting information and acting as relay between the management and the parents.
- Coordinating the actions of class representative parents.
- Managing regular or ad hoc projects (book fair, school celebration day - “fête de l’école”…).
- Taking part in the strategic orientations and pedagogical decisions of the school.
- Financially supporting the families in need and that receive scholarships with the proceeds from the school celebration day (aid scheme for payment of ECA and SAS, excursions not funded by the school, and exceptional aid).
How does the Parents Committee work?
With the class representative parents
- To organise start of school meetings for the class representative parents.
- To organise preparatory meetings of the Primary School Committee and the Secondary School Committee (SSC).
- To provide support to the representatives in case of problems in their classes.
With the management
- Seating on the 3 Primary School Committees and on the 3 Secondary School Committees.
- Seating on the Educational Committee.
- Attending monthly meetings with the educational leadership.
- To attend meetings with the teaching inspectors and the AEFE representatives.
- To be involved in task forces initiated by the management (school pace, language program…).
- To be involved with the Health and citizenship education committee (HCEC), the Student Council (CC), the Disciplinary Committee and the Appeals Committee.
- To help and advise families.
How to join the Parents Committee?
In October/November, nine parent representatives (six members and three reserve members) are elected by electronic voting. The President of the Executive Committee then ratifies their election during the Ordinary General Meeting.
This team of parents makes up the Parents Committee.
Who can be elected to the Parents Committee?
Anyone who is not a class parent representative, Director or staff of the school is eligible. For the Primary cycle, it is preferable that the candidate be an elected member of the School Committee.
The candidate should stand for election in the cycle in which he/she is currently serving as class parent representative. To stand for election, the candidate shall respond to a call for applications that includes his/her statement, his application will be sent by mail to all the families at the start of the year.