Health, Security, Safety
The Lycée Français de Singapour features a Health, Security and Safety Department which goal is to guarantee an optimal safety and to look after the health of all the students and staff.
The aim of the Health Department is to promote the good health of the students, their well-being and their good integration in school. It is a place to meet, to seek advice and where emergency care is provided. Its role is also to raise awareness about health issues.
The Health Department is open during school and extra-curricular time and is available on the Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary campuses.
- To take care of the students and to provide them with first aid care on a daily basis. If necessary, nurses can administer basic medication authorised by the school, as well as prescribed medical treatments;
- To assess the health of the students and screen for diseases;
- As part of the ECHC and in coordination with the educational team, organise and facilitate education programs and preventive actions (food hygiene, sleep, addictive behaviours,...) ;
- To offer a space to meet and listen where students can confidentially exchange with the nurse.
|Punctual Treatments||Pursuant to the internal rules of the Lycée Français de Singapour, students are not allowed to carry medication. In case of necessity, the medication can be left at the infirmary (by an adult for Kindergarten children), accompanied by a medical prescription, where the nurses will administer it.|
|Chronic Diseases||Students with long term chronic diseases (asthma, allergies, specific diet) will have to set up an IP (Individualised Protocol). This procedure is done directly via the EDUKA portal, on the "health" tab.|
|Contagious Diseases||The Health Department must be notified as soon as possible when a child contracts a contagious disease. The child will only be allowed to return to class with a medical certificate of non-contagion.|
|Head lice||The spread of lice is a common problem in the community. It is therefore strongly advised to regularly check the head of your children and to anticipate the purchase of anti-lice shampoo and comb.|
|Mandatory Vaccinations||The mandatory vaccinations in Singapore and in France are the DPT (Diphteria, Pertussis, Tetanus,) and MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella).|
A psychologist is available every day from 8:45am to 5:45pm. She welcomes students, parents and teachers; she provides a space for listening and support. She also provides psychological monitoring for students in difficulty. If need be, she may refer families to professionals outside the school.
Telephone 6805 0058
Telephone 6805 0066 ou 6805 00 67
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle and High School
Telephone 6805 0065
Telephone 6805 0064
Email : email@example.com
The Lycée Français de Singapour takes all the necessary measures to provide a safe and secure environment for everyone.
Risk assessment on daily basis, implementation of preventive or corrective actions.
Examples: periodic control of air quality, water quality of the facilities and the equipment.
Preparation for the management of emergency and exceptional situations
- Fire management, containment and barricaded containment management: 2 to 3 drills per year that can be unannounced.
- The Special Safety Plan for major risks (PPMS): one containment or barricaded containment drill per year. In case of emergency, the parents will be informed about the procedure to follow by SMS.
- The HAZE protocol: a specific protocol is in place – to download at the bottom of the page.
- The lightning alert: sound and visual alarms will go off when lightning is striking nearby.
INTERNATIONAL SOS is the partner of the Lycée Français de Singapour to ensure the safety and health of the students during trips or in exceptional circumstances.
The Lycée Français de Singapour relies on strict procedures, prescribed by the French and Singaporean authorities to control access.
A security company is present on site 24/24, 7/7. The site is equipped with video surveillance cameras (CCTV) only for internal use.
Opening hours of the school
- For students and parents: from 7:30am to 8:30pm - closed on saturday afternoon and sunday.
- For visitors: the reception is open from 8:00am to 5:00pm and from 9:00am to 4:00pm during school holidays.
Caution, the Lycée Français de Singapour is closed from 24 December to 2 January and from 15 July to 15 August
- For Primary students (Kindergarten and Primary): the uniform is mandatory
- For Middle, High School students and parents: they must show their "LFS Identity Card"
- For visitors : they must present a photo ID
To get a personal badge
It will be given in the bag of the youngest child if your data on EDUKA are complete and the photo validated, during the first week when the school resumes in September.
For the authorised persons to pick a child up at school, the LFS card will be given during the first week when the school resumes in September. It will be placed in the bag of the youngest child. The photo must be validated on EDUKA.
- For Middle and High School students:
- The card is valid for the duration of the middle school or high school cycle, it is given in 6° for middle school and 2° for high school.
- In case of loss, requests must be made to the Discipline masters Office.
- For the parents and authorised persons :
- the badge is given to them when school starts.
- In case of loss or new data on EDUKA, request must be made at the reception.
- Here are some photo examples:
Detailed plan of the buildings