The language pathway
Learning languages at the Lycée Français de Singapour
The Lycée Français de Singapour is part of an international network of 495 schools across the globe that promotes a multilingual education. From September 2018 our students will learn English and Mandarin from Kindergarten until the end of Primary School and other languages in Middle school and High school.
Our students have the opportunity to customise their learning of foreign languages by pursuing their own path in the rich language program offered by the school:
- Multilingual program with French, English and Mandarin from Kindergarten to the end of Primary school
- Spanish, German and Latin from Middle school
Students can join the Anglais + Program (a French-English program where lessons are taught in both languages equally) from Kindergarten to CM2 (Grade 5). In Middle school, an International Stream is offered to 6e (Grade 6) students to prepare for the Baccalauréat Option Internationale (OIB). A European Section is also available from Seconde to Terminale (Grade 10 to 12).
Throughout their school years, the students of the Lycée Français de Singapour may choose to sit for many language examinations: the British IGCSE, APTIS, DELF, IELTS, YCT and HSK for Mandarin, certificates of the Cervantes Institute for Spanish and of the Goethe Institute for German.
Thanks to their outstanding results at the Baccaulauréat and their mastery of English, our students have access to the most prestigious American and English universities.
- The language pathway in detail
- Anglais +: information and application process
- International Section: information and application process
- International Section: Example of entry tests - 6e
- International Section: Example of entry tests - 5e & 4e
- International Section: Example of entry tests - 3e
- International Section: Sample OIB entrance exam - 1e