A project built over many years
The Lycée Français de Singapour supports the students in making their choices for higher education, whether in France or overseas, thereby helping them to be autonomous and take charge of their future.
On the educational guidance blog of the Lycée Français de Singapore you will find :
- news and calendar of events
- more information about the different competitive admissions at the Lycée Français de Singapour
- resources for information
- AGORA: the AEFE platform dedicated to guidance with contributions from present and former students at French schools worldwide (forum and testimonials)
Baccalaureat reform - choice of specialties in Première
The educational guidance department revolves around the PRIO: Educational Guidance and Information Resource Personnel. An English speaking teacher is there to provide assistance in the application process for the English speaking universities.
The PRIO, with the Reference Teacher and the pedagogical team assist in:
- providing information on jobs and training paths.
Events are organised throughout the school year, progressively from 6e to Terminale (Grade 6 to 12). School orientation is part of the subjects and is highlighted throughout the year with school orientation events. All these events are part of the “Parcours Avenir” (Personal Project for the future).
- helping the student decide his or her own educational guidance, trust his or her abilities, be realistic about his or her potential, set targets and strategies of discovery, autonomy and self-assessment, with academic success in mind.
Besides, in order to foster the success of the students, the Lycée Français de Singapour offers specific preparation classes to several exams (Sciences Po, Sésame, Geipi, etc.).
In the event of a return to France before the Baccalauréat
The AFFELNET procedure governs the placement of students in public high schools and some private high schools under ministerial agreement, in some public or private agricultural high schools, and sometimes in some CFA. The procedure is mainly for the following students: • 3e (Grade 9) students for a placement in general or technological Seconde (Grade 10), or vocational Seconde and in first year of CAP; • Seconde (Grade 10) students for the placement in technological Première (Grade 11), sometimes in general Première (depending on the academies). For these students, the request to bridge into vocational Première or those who exceptionally wish to repeat their year, the procedure is done through AFFELNET.
- A career fair is organised for 4e to Terminale students.
- A student fair is organised for Première and Terminale students.
- Many evening themed events are organised for studies in science, humanities, literature and arts.
- Several universities and schools regularly come to the school: French (ESSEC, EDHEC, universités de technologie, Universités parisiennes, Sciences Po, …), Canadian (UT, Concordia, …) or European.
- Every week a school orientation newsletter is sent to all lycée students and their parents to recap the orientation news at LFS. If you wish to have a personal interview or to contact the school orientation: firstname.lastname@example.org ou orientation.eng@email@example.com.
What do our students become?
Thanks to the AGORA platform (Alliance Générations Orientation Réseau AEFE) , our students have access to an experiences' sharing space between high school students and alumni of the AEFE network : a forum, interviews, video testimonials, etc.